For more info: 021 55734344
The basis for the course is a drilling jig which can be used to drill holes in a bearing cover. All drilling jig components are clearly laid out on a base plate. It can facilitate the drilling of the workpiece and other small parts. An exploded-view of the jig is printed on the cover to illustrate the construction of the jig.
A quarter segment has been cut out of the main body of the drilling jig. This enables demonstration of the terms 'section' and 'half section' as used in technical drawing. The cut-away quarter segment is also present on the base plate, enabling the difficult topic of sectional views to be illustrated.
All parts are precision-manufactured on CNC machines and are therefore also suitable for measurement exercises.
Optimal learning is established when groups of two or three students work on one model.
The comprehensive instructional material is laid-out in line with modern principles and provides effective assistance with lesson preparation.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- introduction to graphical representation of rotationally symmetrical parts (turned parts)
- familiarisation with sectional views: full section and half section
- dimensioning of turned parts and threads
- production engineering aspects:
* jigs as aids to drilling and reaming
* complete machining with state-of-the-art machine tools
* tolerances, fits, surface finish specifications
- placement of the workpiece (bearing cover) in a wider technological context
 part of the GUNT technical drawing course
 practical drilling jig for the machining of a bearing cover
 main drilling jig body fashioned as a half section
 all drilling jig components made from aluminium, precision-manufactured
 clearly identifiable workpiece: red PVC bearing cover
 base plate with screen-printed exploded-view drawing
 instructional material incorporates action-oriented and interdisciplinary forms of teaching
Dimensions and Weight
LxWxH: 420x300x65mm (tray)
Weight: approx. 3kg
Scope of Delivery
1 base plate with drilling jig components
1 set of standard parts (drill bush, straight pin, O-ring)
1 set of instructional material