For more info: 021 55734344
Nine different process parameters can be set using potentiometers on the front panel of the experimental unit.
The software provides a wide range of diagrams and graphs.
The simulator can model the theoretical system limits without hazard, limits at which real systems would be destroyed or seriously damaged.
The measured values are transmitted directly to a PC via USB. The data acquisition software is included.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- basic understanding of a gas turbine process
- special features of a two-shaft turbine system with free-running power turbine
- thermodynamic state variables
- starting a gas turbine
- mapping performance characteristics
- variation of efficiencies
- change in the air ratio
 simulated operation of a gas turbine system
 modification of 9 system parameters using potentiometers
 software calculates: air ratio, pressure ratio of compressor, efficiency, mass flow rates of gas and air, drive shaft power and generator power
 GUNT software for data acquisition via USB under Windows Vista or Windows 7
9 potentiometers for the setting of
- intake pressure: 0...2bar abs.
- intake temperature: 0...100°C
- max. pressure ratio at max. speed: 0...10
- fuel mass flow rate, valve position: 0...100%
- fuel pressure: 0...10bar
- max. combustion chamber temperature: 500...1500°C
- efficiency compressor/turbine: 0...100%
- efficiency power turbine: 0...100%
- generator load: 0...100%
Inputs and outputs
- 16x analogue in, 1x analogue out
- 4x digital in/out
Dimensions and Weight
Weight: approx. 20kg
Scope of Delivery
1 experimental unit
1 GUNT software CD + USB cable