For more info: 021 55734344
- Unit with practical components for stand alone usage of solar electricity
- Charge controller providing functions for maximum power point tracking and accumulator safety
- Inverter for use of typical AC consumers
- Dimmable halogen lamp for experiments under varying elctrical load
Stand alone operation of photovoltaic modules excludes any access to a public mains grid. This kind of photovoltaic usage is chosen typically for applications in remote locations.
ET 250.02 is conceptualized as an extension for ET 250 and provides typical components for stand alone photovoltaic systems. This includes a charge controller, an inverter and an accumulator. These components enable conversion of the solar electricity, provide supply on demand and ensure system safety.
A connection cable feeds the photovoltaic DC current from ET 250 to the input of ET 250.02. Inside ET 250.02 the DC current passes safety devices and enters the charge controller. The charge controller adapts the voltage level for accumulator charging or for direct consumption. An inverter enables usage of typical AC consumers.
Measurements of current and voltage at predefined points of the system circuit allows detailed energy balances. Thus the performance of system components under varying demand and supply of electrical power can be studied.
The well-structured instructional material sets out the basic principles and provides a step-by-step guide through the experiments.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- familiarisation with practical components for stand alone use of photovoltaic electricity
- functioning of a DC switch-disconnector and over voltage protection
- functioning of a charge regulator with integrated maximum power point tracking
- influence of the workload on the efficiency of components
- influence of fluctuations in solar energy and/or electricity usage on the overall system efficiency
 extension for ET 250 Solar Module Measurements
 electrical components for photovoltaic stand alone operation from practice
 circuit board with integrated measuring points for current and voltage
 combiner box with DC switch-disconnector and over voltage protection
 charge regulator with integrated maximum power point tracking
 accumulator for storage of solar electricity
 inverter for use of AC consumers
 socket with energy meter
- max. current: 30A
- rated voltage: 1000V
Over voltage protection
- rated impulse current 20kA
- charge current: 20A
- charge stop voltage: 14V
- input voltage: 12V
- output power: 150W
- rated voltage: 12V
- rated capacity: 12Ah
Dimensions and Weight
Weight: ca. 30kg Required for Operation 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
Scope of Delivery
1 experimental unit
1 set of instruction materia