For more info: 021 55734344
- Unit with practical components for grid connected usage of solar electricity
- Inverter providing grid control and maximum power point tracking
- Modern twoway energy meter for capture of energy transferred to and from the mains grid
- Dimmable halogen lamp for experiments under varying elctrical load
Feeding electricity from photovoltaic solar modules into the mains grid requires several special system components. These components enable conversion and capture of the solar electricity and ensure system safety.
The ET 250.01 unit contains these components and is conceptualized as an extension for the ET 250 trainer.
The photovoltaic DC current from ET 250 is fed to the input of ET 250.01 via a connection cable. Inside ET 250.01 the DC current passes safety devices and enters the inverter. The inverter transforms the DC into AC current. The inverter also optimizes voltage and current to ensure that the photovoltaivc modules produce maximum possible power.
The inverter output provides an AC voltage with appropriate level and frequency to enable feeding into the mains grid. The amount of fed in electricity is captured by a modern two way electricity meter and the own consumtion is captured by an energy logger.
Comparing electrical power of the DC input and the AC output enables determination of the inverter efficiency. The dependence of the inverter efficiency on the total electrical power can be measured in further experiments.
The well-structured instructional material sets out the basic principles and provides a step-by-step guide through the experiments.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- familiarisation with components from grid connected use of photovoltaic power
- functioning of a DC switch-disconnector and over voltage protection
- functioning of a grid connected inverter with maximum power point tracking
- dependence of the inverter efficiency on the workload
- function of modern energy meters
 extension for ET 250 Solar Module Measurements
 electrical components for grid connected usage of photovoltaics
 combiner box with DC switch-disconnector and over voltage protection
 inverter for grid operation with maximum power point tracker
 two way energy meter connecting to the mains grid
 socket with energy meter for own consumption
 dimmable halogen lamp for experiments under varying elctrical load
- max. current: 30A
- rated voltage: 1000V
Over voltage protection
- rated impulse current 20kA
Inverter for mains grid operation
- rated input power: 150W
- max output power: 125W
- max. efficiency: 89%
Two way energy meter
- rated frequency: 50Hz
- rated voltage: 230V
Dimensions and Weight
Weight: ca. 28kg
Required for Operation 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase
Scope of Delivery
1 experimental unit
1 set of instruction material