For more info: 021 55734344
In conjunction with the CT 300 test stand, the CT 300.03 engine is a complete engine test stand.
Major technical modifications have been made to a standard water-cooled single cylinder engine to allow demanding issues in engine technology to be investigated by experiment. The key feature is that the cylinder has been modified so that its height can be adjusted along with that of the cylinder head. This allows the compression ratio to be adjusted over a wide range.
The engine can be operated as an external ignition petrol engine or an auto-ignition diesel engine. The mode of operation can be changed by a few simple conversion steps.
In petrol engine mode, it is also possible to change the ignition point so that the influence of this factor on the characteristic curves and values can be investigated experimentally.
The engine is mounted on a vibration-insulated base plate of the test stand CT 300 and is bolted into place. It is connected to the brake unit using an elastic claw coupling. The engine is fitted with sensors that measure temperatures and the oil pressure. The sensors are connected to the test bed switch cabinet on the CT 300. The fuel supply hoses have self-sealing quick-release couplings. The water cooling is provided by the CT 300 and the laboratory network.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- comparison of diesel and petrol cycles
- plotting of torque and power curves
- determination of specific fuel consumption
- determination of efficiency
- determination of volumetric efficiency and lambda (fuel-air ratio)
- energy balances
- determination of friction loss (in passive mode)
- influence of compression on fuel consumption, power output, efficiency and exhaust gas composition
- influence of ignition point on fuel consumption, power output, efficiency and exhaust gas composition
 water-cooled single-cylinder experimental engine for setting up an engine test stand in conjunction with CT 300
 demonstration of diesel and petrol processes on an engine with variable compression
 creation of different compression ratios using a height adjustable cylinder
 adjustable ignition point
 diesel mode with direct injection
 petrol mode with carburettor
 engine mounted on base plate
 force transmission to brake unit using claw coupling
 engine completely equipped with fuel lines and temperature sensors for exhaust gas and cooling water
 fuel hoses with self-sealing quick-release coupling
Water-cooled single-cylinder engine
- displacement: 470cm³
- bore: 90mm
- stroke: 74mm
- max. compression pressure: 60...70bar
- compression ratio 1:5.5...1:19
- power output: approx. 6kW at 3.000min-1
- adjustable ignition point: 20° after TDC to 60° before TDC
Dimensions and Weight
Weight: approx. 140kg Required for Operation Cooling water supply from CT 300 test stand
Electrical supply from CT 300
Scope of Delivery
1 engine, complete with all connections and supply lines
1 set of tools